Dr. Alicia D.D. Spoor
Audiologist & President, Designer Audiology
- Gallaudet University (2002-2006)
- Doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.)
- Masters of Science (M.S.) in Audiology
- Michigan State University (1998-2002)
- Bachelors of Art (B.A.) in Audiology and Speech Sciences
Dr. Alicia D.D. Spoor’s professional career has been firmly focused on assisting people of all ages. She began working at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona in 2005 while earning her doctorate of audiology degree. Upon graduation, Dr. Spoor accepted a full-time position as an audiology doctor with the Mayo Clinic’s cochlear implant and hearing aid teams. She later moved to Maryland and worked as an audiologist in two local practices, providing a range of services to patients, including tinnitus diagnosis and management, hearing aid programming and fitting, and custom earmold fittings.
Dr. Spoor has subjective tinnitus, which leads her to treat patients the way she would want to be treated. Designer Audiology was born out of Dr. Spoor’s passion for delivering person-focused audiological care to her patients.
Special Skills/Professional Memberships
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology – President Elect
- Maryland Academy of Audiology – Legislative Chair and Past President
- American Sign Language (ASL) knowledge
- Cerumen (Earwax) Management Training
- Tinnitus Management and Retraining Therapy
- Assessment and Fitting of Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
Awards and Recognitions
- Leading Women, The Daily Record, 2016
- VIP List: Very Important Professionals Successful by 40, The Daily Record (Baltimore), 2015
- Oticon Focus on People award Hearing Care Practitioner finalist, 2015
- Craig W. Johnson Advocacy Award, Academy of Doctors of Audiology, 2015
Bryan Greenaway, B.S.
Bryan Greenaway is a second year doctoral student at the Pacific University School of Audiology in Hillsboro, Oregon. He holds Bachelor of Science degrees in psychology and speech and hearing sciences from Oregon State University and Portland State University, and will graduate with his Doctor of Audiology degree in August, 2019. Mr. Greenaway strongly believes that everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the sounds of their world, which is the basis for his passion for amplification and tinnitus relief. Outside of the clinic, Bryan’s interests are public education, advocacy, and exploring how everyday consumer technologies can help improve hearing outcomes.
Now that you’ve met the team, take a look at the services offered by Designer Audiology.