Your Best Source for Hearing Aids in Maryland
Did you know: Only one in five Americans who could benefit from a hearing aid actually use one?
Your best source for affordable, high-quality Howard County, MD hearing aids and Personal Sound Amplifier Products (PSAPs) is Designer Audiology. All of the latest models and products are available to help ameliorate a variety of hearing issues. But it’s the pricing structure that really sets Designer Audiology apart!
Designer Audiology is one of the few practices that offer hearing aids with an unbundled/itemized pricing model. You only pay for the products and services you need; period.
In addition to offering a full range of hearing aids, we also fully service them. The hearing aid services we provide include, but are not limited to, hearing aid troubleshooting, hearing aid repair, and hearing aid tubing changes.
- Real Ear Measurements: Uses a small probe microphone placed in the ear canal at the same time as the device (PSAP, Hearing Aid, ALD) to evaluate the output. Can be compared to the user’s hearing levels to assess appropriateness of the fitting.
- Electroactoustic Analysis: Use of a “test box” to evaluate the acoustics of a device.
- Device Counseling: A one-on-one appointment with the user and family/care members to review the daily usage, care, and maintenance of a device.
Hearing Aids vs. PSAPs: What’s the Difference?
- Function: Digital hearing aids are custom-programmed to each individual. Using real ear measurements, each hearing is configured to a calculated set of auditory needs based on the diagnostic testing and patient’s communication needs. In addition to assisting with overall hearing issues, hearing aids can help mitigate the impact of tinnitus.
- Price: With Designer Audiology’s unbundled/itemized pricing structure, hearing aids start at $249* and increase in price with sophistication. *Diagnostic, fitting, and other fees not included.
Personal Sound Amplification Products (PSAPs)
- Function: A PSAP, as the name suggests, primarily serves to amplify sound. These devices are a great option if you need to hear at a table in a crowded restaurant or to watch TV without turning up the volume to a level that could damage other’s hearing.
- Price: Prices for PSAPs begin around $100* and increase with sophistication. Regardless of where a PSAP is purchased, Designer Audiology can evaluate the device and counseling. *Diagnostic, fitting, and other fees not included.
Hearing Aids You Can Afford
The unfortunate truth is that a PSAP isn’t always sufficient to improve communication with you and your loved one. But hearing aids don’t have to be unnecessarily expensive.
Click Here to view our hearing aid prices.
Many audiologists use a “bundled” method to determine their pricing, making patients pay for a package of products and services that they may or may not end up using. Designer Audiology aims to break this mold by becoming one of the first audiology practices in Maryland to successfully implement an “unbundled” or “itemized” pricing model. This model ensures that you only pay for services used, nothing more. It doesn’t get much simpler (or more affordable) than that! Click here to learn more.
Service plans are available to patients who may want the assurance of service coverage through a one-year time frame. Simply ask after the initial purchase, or at any additional appointment, about options and pricing.
Hearing loss doesn’t have to prevent you or a loved one from enjoying the sounds of life. Call Designer Audiology today at 301-854-1410.