May 18, 2020
Your safety and the safety of our team are the most important thing during this time. Thank you for trusting Designer Audiology for your hearing and balance healthcare!
Designer Audiology continues to monitor the COVID-19 information from national, state, and local officials. Governor Hogan has announced his Roadmap to Recovery; Phase 1 allows elective medical and dental procedures at outpatient and medical offices. We have started to open the office for in-person appointments with added precautions; hours will expand as the practice becomes busier. Telehealth and emergency curbside appointments are still available, if you would prefer alterative options. Appointments can be scheduled by in the office contact via phone or online.
Thank you for your continued patience with the new processes. We look forward to seeing you all again in-person.
Keeping Healthy People Healthy
- Precautions apply to all staff and patients.
- Anyone who feels sick or has symptoms identified by the CDC, such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever, should stay home and contact their primary care physician for medical management.
- Those in the higher risk category may prefer an alternative to in-office care at this time.
- While we appreciate getting to know your support system, please do not bring extra people to your appointment; family and friends can be contacted via the online telehealth system to be included in the process, if needed.
- Children (under the age of 18 years) should be accompanied by 1 family member only.
- Please do not enter the office until 5 minutes prior to the start of your appointment, to maintain social distancing (6 feet between individuals). Should you arrive early, please call (301-854-1410) the office to see if your appointment can begin early.
- Paperwork is available online via the Patient Portal. Please complete the required documents to eliminate clipboards and pens being exchanged. Remember to upload a photo ID, so only your insurance cards will be needed at the time of the appointment.
- All patients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to each appointment.
- Should hardcopies of the paperwork be needed, it can be delivered to your car for completion. Those completing paperwork should arrive 15-20 minutes early and call when you arrive. A photo ID and insurance cards will need to be copied.
- Consistent with Maryland Department of Health precautions, face masks are required at all times inside the office.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands prior to the start of the appointment.
- Non-contact temperature screenings may be taken upon entering the office.
- Hand sanitizer (generously donated by Baltimore Spirits Company) will be available in the lobby.
- Magazines and children’s materials have been removed from the waiting room, as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Complementary coffee and water will not be provided.
- Audiologists may wear machine washable clothing (e.g. scrubs), and will use disposable face masks, face shields, and gowns, when appropriate.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected after patient contact. The office will be closed for 15 minutes between appointments for cleaning and disinfection. As a result, appointment start times may begin at any 15-minute increment. (For example: if your appointment is at 10:45am, please do not enter before 10:40am without calling).
On-going In-Office Precautions
- Contactless hand sanitizer dispensers in all patient rooms.
- Providers wear gloves with all patient contact.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all patient devices at the start of the appointment.
- Items designed as single use are properly disposed.
- Air filters are used and changed as recommended.
- Non-disposable instruments are sterilized in accordance with infection control policy.
- A NEW! Credit card chip reader eliminates contact with the staff to complete payment in the office.
- Online paperwork and payment systems via the HIPAA secure Patient Portal.
- Invoices will be emailed, which eliminates contact and is good for environment.
- Supplies are available via mail, including the hearing aid battery club. The online store is conveniently available for products and supplies from home.